Application Latency Indicator for Vendors and Exchanges (A.L.I.V.E.)
Compliance directives and SEC regulations keep firms under increased scrutiny to ensure their clients are receiving the best data available.
Intransient to consolidated market data providers and tiered market data distribution architectures is built in latency, which firms typically accept, when they know what it is.
However, when latency begins to grow, having knowledge of those variants could prevent bad trades or bad pricing. Additionally, knowing that deviation could assist with a compliance or regulatory issues.
With the West Highland A.L.I.V.E. Application, firms are now able to adjust their models and make trading decisions, while keeping an eye on the latency, in real-time.
- Service based monitoring of Data Quality / Latency
- Maps & monitors data latency by vendor/exchange
- Compares multiple vendors simultaneously
- Historically tracks best times by vendor / time
- Tracks total circuit from exchange to local application time
- Helps support regulator requirements for ensuring best data to clients
Example of an A.L.I.V.E. latency report & dashboard: