The Reference Data Framework™ (RDF) is a big data solution that brings together reference data, pricing, and analytics across all asset classes, security types and fields on a single platform. This unified platform creates benefits across the key dimensions of performance: Cost Reduction, Speed of Access and Distribution , Digital Transformation, and Data Source Agility.
The Reference Data Framework™ (RDF) applies big data technologies to create a managed or deployed high speed mastering service with infinite data warehouse capacity for all required data attributes in one immutable cache on demand.
EDM in Real-Time – Reduce Time and Cost
- Unlimited data warehouse storage by business requirement, legal entity, symbology, security ID, terms & conditions, valuation, etc.
- Optimize data flow for any business activity, e.g., Capital Markets, IM, AM, IB, HFT and their relevant systems across front, mid and back office
- Net requests and fee liable sources for all required field attributes in a single immutable cache, eliminating the need for redundant external sources and disparate internal databases
- Reduce TCO for market data, information and referential services
- Simplify and improve timeliness of application data workflow across the enterprise
- Data Mastering
- Legal Entity
- Symbology and Security Identifiers
- OMS and STP
- Portfolio Pricing
- Corporate Actions
- Index and Benchmark Data
- Time Series
- Deal History
- Contact Information
- Authentication and field level authorization for all applications and systems across the enterprise, improving compliance and reporting
RDF is offered as cloud based, as-a-service service solution where WHSS provides end to end management or as a deployed option managed remotely by our team of experts.
Vendor Data Caching Demo
Below is a sample front end consuming the RDF API. An application makes a request for fields from end-of-day backoffice files and then updates them from real-time BPIPE data. Later, a user requests the same information and RDF pulls from the cache after authenticating and authorizing their credentials. RDF saves firms money by avoiding redundant paid requests to BPIPE and other vendors.
Historical Symbol Linkage Demo
Below is a demonstration of RDF’s ability to master the symbology from two vendor data sources. RDF ingests large historical data files dating back over 40 years and consolidates the symbol changes into just 33 rows. In this use case, the following internal identifiers are created: CoId (Company ID), SecID (Security ID), and VenId (Venue ID).
Use the Contact Us Link to request more information.